Come to the beautiful foothills of North Carolina with VP Aviation! We are seeking A&P Mechanics with 2+ years’ experience and also willing to take on a few Juniors willing to learn.
This is an energetic and enjoyable work site working a pleasant schedule of 4 on/ 3 off then 3 on/4 off. Great opportunity to expand your skills! Not to mention we are offering a handsome pay rate!
Aircraft Type: Aircraft range from Caravans to 737 Classics.
Description of Work:
- This is a contract position.
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, space vehicles, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Examine and inspect engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks, such as flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 2 years aircraft maintenance experience which can be a mix of commercial, helicopter, military or regional aircraft.
- Juniors are welcome.
- A&P license required.
- Must have own tools and transportation.
- Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete job assignments in a timely manner.