Come to Lake City, Florida with VP Aviation and earn the leading pay rate! We are looking for several Interior Mechanics for work on Commercial Aircraft in an MRO setting.
- This is a contract position.
- Using detailed blue prints, determine pieces to be fabricated and installed.
- Layout and fabricate interior aircraft parts with standard sheet metal, and composite repair techniques; utilizing measuring tools such as calipers, dial calipers and scales
- Coordinate with Shift Lead and Engineering on changes to the blue prints.
- Properly identify areas in need of repair and properly remove and install aircraft parts in a timely fashion
- Utilize fabrication machines including drill press, forming tools breaks and shears
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 2 years of aviation interior experience.
- The ability to layout and perform complex interior reconfigurations and repairs that are addressed in specific repair manuals and engineering documents.
- Knowledge of various types of aircraft adhesives and sealants and appropriate methods of application, as well as aircraft interior fasteners and basic methods of installation and suitable substitutions.
- Able to fabricate parts as required and have knowledge of composites, fabrics, and other coverings, as well as where substitutes may be used.
- Able to read and use Blue Prints, Structure Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts
- Catalog, Codes, Engineering Drawings, and Service Bulletins.
- The ability to use high speed grinder, band saw, floor sander, brake, cutting shear, drill motor, heat gun, and standard hand tools.