VP Aviation is seeking Composite Technicians for work on commercial aircraft in Goodyear, Arizona!
- Perform such typical maintenance operations such as the removal and replacement of aircraft and powerplant components that require bolting, torquing, adjusting rigging and safety wiring, including powerplant and flight control removal and reinstallation.
Repair, modify, replace or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems to ensure airworthiness.
• Know various types of aircraft sealant and appropriate method application for sealant as well as aircraft fasteners and basic methods of installation and suitable substitutions.
• Fabricate parts as required and have knowledge of metal and alloys and where substitutes may be used.
• Layout and perform complex structural repairs that are addressed in the repair manuals and engineering documents.
• Know the proper use of heat control units.
• Knowledgeable in the proper wear, cleaning, usage and storage of respirators .
• Knowledgeable of the proper use, handling and disposal of hazardous materials
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years previous composite experience.
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, E.A.’s, etc, with very little to no assistance.
- Able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Able to fabricate parts.
- Must have tools and transportation