Come to Tampa, Florida with VP Aviation! We are looking for several Interior Mechanics for work on Commercial Aircraft in an MRO setting. To learn more about pay rates and start dates, apply now!
• This is a contract position.
• Using detailed blue prints, determine pieces to be fabricated and installed.
• Layout and fabricate interior aircraft parts with standard sheet metal, and composite repair techniques; utilizing measuring tools such as calipers, dial calipers and scales
• Coordinate with Shift Lead and Engineering on changes to the blue prints.
• Properly identify areas in need of repair and properly remove and install aircraft parts in a timely fashion
• Utilize fabrication machines including drill press, forming tools breaks and shears
• Other duties may be assigned.
• 2 years of aviation interior experience.
• The ability to layout and perform complex interior reconfigurations and repairs that are addressed in specific repair manuals and engineering documents.
• Knowledge of various types of aircraft adhesives and sealants and appropriate methods of application, as well as aircraft interior fasteners and basic methods of installation and suitable substitutions.
• Able to fabricate parts as required and have knowledge of composites, fabrics, and other coverings, as well as where substitutes may be used.
• Able to read and use Blue Prints, Structure Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts
• Catalog, Codes, Engineering Drawings, and Service Bulletins.
• The ability to use high speed grinder, band saw, floor sander, brake, cutting shear, drill motor, heat gun, and standard hand tools.